Great Palace in Constantinople
Author(s) : Westbrook Nigel (12/21/2007)
For citation: Westbrook Nigel , "Great Palace in Constantinople", 2007,Encyclopaedia of the Hellenic World, ConstantinopleURL: <http://www.ehw.gr/l.aspx?id=12205>
A porch or a structure consisting of a roof supported by columns or pillars, leading to the entrance of a building.
2. The Upper Palace, including the Daphne Palace
3. The Lower, or ‘Sacred’ Palace
4. The Palace in the Middle and Late Byzantine Periods
5. The Palace Site in the Ottoman Period
6. The Palace Site in the Modern Period
7. Scholarship on the Great Palace
8. The Book of Ceremonies
copyright © 2008, FOUNDATION OF THE HELLENIC WORLD
The project is co-funded from the European Union by 80% and from the Hellenic State by 20% through the Operational Programme Information Society.